JJ’s efforts to minimize the incidences of child marriage include:
- Capacity building sessions on child marriage and its ill effect on health & family
- Meeting parents to discuss on delaying the marriage
- Community sensitisation programmes on a regular basis
- Capacity building of children’s parliament to ensure that they spread awareness to their peers and take a role in discouraging child marriage amongst them.
- Focused discussions on preventing child marriage among the Women’s group members
- Working with the Panchayats and other government officials like the Child Marriage Prohibition Officer to spread awareness regarding the issue and in prevention of child marriage